It just needs something else...though I don't quite know what. Maybe some slices scallions, maybe something tart, like pomegranate seeds. As it is, this just seemed a bit bland.
Photo: Thomas J. Story; Styling: Robyn Valarik
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 237
- Calories from fat: 23%
- Protein: 7.8g
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated fat: 2.1g
- Carbohydrate: 38g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Sodium: 274mg
- Cholesterol: 7.8mg
- 1 1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/2 tbsp. butter, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon saffron threads
- About 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 cups couscous
- 1/3 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup toasted almonds, coarsely chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1. In a medium saucepan, bring broth, 1 tbsp. butter, the saffron, and 1/4 tsp. salt to a boil over high heat. Stir in couscous. Remove from heat, cover tightly, and let stand 10 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, melt remaining 1/2 tbsp. butter in a small frying pan over medium heat. Add carrot and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned in a few places, being careful not to burn carrot, 4 to 6 minutes.
- 3. Stir carrot and almonds into couscous, fluffing with a fork. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note