Photo: Leo Gong; Styling: Dan Becker
An easy, fragrant side dish. Prep and Cook Time: 20 minutes.
Yield: Makes 4 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 364
- Calories from fat: 23%
- Protein: 10g
- Fat: 9.1g
- Saturated fat: 5.5g
- Carbohydrate: 59g
- Fiber: 3.2g
- Sodium: 823mg
- Cholesterol: 23mg
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed saffron threads
- 1 medium onion, sliced into half-moons
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken stock
- One 10-oz. box couscous (1 1/2 cups)
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1. In a medium frying pan (with sides at least 2 in. high) over medium heat, melt butter. Add saffron and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Add onion and salt and cook, stirring, until translucent, about 7 minutes.
- 2. Add chicken stock and 1 cup water and bring to a boil. Add couscous, stir, cover, and remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes.
- 3. Fluff couscous with a fork, then gently stir. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This