Very good, very quick and easy, and makes a LOT.
Earthy saffron is lifted by peppery green onions in this quick side dish. Serve with the halibut to soak up the tasty juices.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 2/3 cup)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 212
- Calories from fat: 20%
- Fat: 4.8g
- Saturated fat: 0.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 6.7g
- Carbohydrate: 34.4g
- Fiber: 2.4g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.5mg
- Sodium: 275mg
- Calcium: 11mg
- 2 1/4 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon saffron threads, crushed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked couscous
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped green onion tops
- Bring broth to a simmer in a small saucepan. Add saffron, stirring to dissolve. Cover and keep warm.
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add couscous; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add broth mixture, hot sauce, salt, and pepper; bring to a boil. Cover, remove from heat, and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork; stir in onions.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables