- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed saffron threads
- 1 medium onion, sliced into half-moons
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken stock
- One 10-oz. box couscous (1 1/2 cups)
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- calories 364
- caloriesfromfat 23 %
- protein 10 g
- fat 9.1 g
- satfat 5.5 g
- carbohydrate 59 g
- fiber 3.2 g
- sodium 823 mg
- cholesterol 23 mg
How to Make It
In a medium frying pan (with sides at least 2 in. high) over medium heat, melt butter. Add saffron and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Add onion and salt and cook, stirring, until translucent, about 7 minutes.
Add chicken stock and 1 cup water and bring to a boil. Add couscous, stir, cover, and remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes.
Fluff couscous with a fork, then gently stir. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.