Saffron Chicken With Prunes
More From Southern Living
Amount per serving
- Calories: 340
- Fat: 8.7g
- Cholesterol: 66mg
- Sodium: 396mg
- 8 ounces dried pitted prunes
- 1/2 teaspoon saffron
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 4 (4-ounce) skinned and boned chicken breast halves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons diced candied ginger
- 1 (3-inch) cinnamon stick
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Combine prunes, saffron, and 1 1/2 cups water in a large bowl; let stand 1 hour. Drain, reserving liquid, and set aside.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper; cook in hot oil in a large skillet about 5 minutes on each side. Remove chicken, reserving drippings in skillet; keep chicken warm.
- Sauté onion in reserved drippings 5 minutes; add prunes, reserved prune liquid, ginger, and cinnamon stick. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes or until mixture is reduced to 1 cup. Add chicken; cook 5 minutes or until chicken is done. Remove and discard cinnamon stick. Sprinkle with almonds and parsley.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note