Saffron Chicken With Prunes
More From Southern Living
Amount per serving
- Calories: 340
- Fat: 8.7g
- Cholesterol: 66mg
- Sodium: 396mg
- 8 ounces dried pitted prunes
- 1/2 teaspoon saffron
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 4 (4-ounce) skinned and boned chicken breast halves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons diced candied ginger
- 1 (3-inch) cinnamon stick
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Combine prunes, saffron, and 1 1/2 cups water in a large bowl; let stand 1 hour. Drain, reserving liquid, and set aside.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper; cook in hot oil in a large skillet about 5 minutes on each side. Remove chicken, reserving drippings in skillet; keep chicken warm.
- Sauté onion in reserved drippings 5 minutes; add prunes, reserved prune liquid, ginger, and cinnamon stick. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes or until mixture is reduced to 1 cup. Add chicken; cook 5 minutes or until chicken is done. Remove and discard cinnamon stick. Sprinkle with almonds and parsley.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes