Saffron Beurre Blanc
This recipe goes with Pacific Halibut with Fava Beans and Shrimp
Yield: 3/4 cup
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 shallots, coarsely chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 sprig of thyme
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Pinch of saffron
- 1/2 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes or until liquid is reduced to 1/3 cup.
- Add cream and saffron; return to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes or until liquid is reduced to 1/3 cup, remove from heat; Whisk in cold butter gradually until smooth. Strain, discarding solids. Whisk in salt and pepper.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This