Saffron Beurre Blanc
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 shallots, coarsely chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 sprig of thyme
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Pinch of saffron
- 1/2 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes or until liquid is reduced to 1/3 cup.
- Add cream and saffron; return to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes or until liquid is reduced to 1/3 cup, remove from heat; Whisk in cold butter gradually until smooth. Strain, discarding solids. Whisk in salt and pepper.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note