Ryan's Favorite Chicken Stir Fry
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 1/2 cup(s) rice
- 3 cup(s) water
- 3/4 cup(s) orange juice
- 3 tablespoon(s) low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon(s) honey
- 1 tablespoon(s) cornstarch
- 1 pound(s) chicken breasts boneless, skinless, cut into bite size pieces
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon(s) canola oil or sesame oil
- 16 ounce(s) package frozen stir fry vegetables or 2, 10 ounce packages
- 2 teaspoon(s) grated fresh ginger root or 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 large clove(s) garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) crushed red pepper flakes
- 1. Bring water just to a boil in large sauce pan. Add rice, stir, cover pan and reduce heat to low. Cook 15-20 minutes or until water is absorbed and then fluff rice with a fork.
- 2. Heat half of oil in medium nonstick skillet on medium high. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Add chicken to hot pan and cook 4 to 5 minutes, turning/stirring occasionally to make sure the chicken is cooked through.
- 3. While chicken is cooking, Add orange juice, soy sauce, and honey to a large measuring cup and blend together with a whisk or fork. Add cornstarch to mixture and whisk again. Set sauce aside.
- 4. Place ccoked chicken on a clean plate and set aside. Heat remaining half of oil in same skillet over medium high heat. Add frozen vegetables, ginger, and garlic and cook until vegetables are heated through.
- 5. Add the cooked chicken and juices back into the skillet. Stir the orange juice sauce and pour it into the skillet. Cook 1 to 2 minutes until sauce bubbles and begins to thicken slightly. Turn off heat and add crushed red pepper. Stir and serve over hot rice.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by amddoody and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note