Ryan's Favorite Chicken Stir Fry
Ginger Chicken Stir Fry. You can substitute flank steak instead of the chicken.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 1/2 cup(s) rice
- 3 cup(s) water
- 3/4 cup(s) orange juice
- 3 tablespoon(s) low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon(s) honey
- 1 tablespoon(s) cornstarch
- 1 pound(s) chicken breasts boneless, skinless, cut into bite size pieces
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon(s) canola oil or sesame oil
- 16 ounce(s) package frozen stir fry vegetables or 2, 10 ounce packages
- 2 teaspoon(s) grated fresh ginger root or 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 large clove(s) garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) crushed red pepper flakes
- 1. Bring water just to a boil in large sauce pan. Add rice, stir, cover pan and reduce heat to low. Cook 15-20 minutes or until water is absorbed and then fluff rice with a fork.
- 2. Heat half of oil in medium nonstick skillet on medium high. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Add chicken to hot pan and cook 4 to 5 minutes, turning/stirring occasionally to make sure the chicken is cooked through.
- 3. While chicken is cooking, Add orange juice, soy sauce, and honey to a large measuring cup and blend together with a whisk or fork. Add cornstarch to mixture and whisk again. Set sauce aside.
- 4. Place ccoked chicken on a clean plate and set aside. Heat remaining half of oil in same skillet over medium high heat. Add frozen vegetables, ginger, and garlic and cook until vegetables are heated through.
- 5. Add the cooked chicken and juices back into the skillet. Stir the orange juice sauce and pour it into the skillet. Cook 1 to 2 minutes until sauce bubbles and begins to thicken slightly. Turn off heat and add crushed red pepper. Stir and serve over hot rice.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by amddoody and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note