Ruth's Chris sweet potato casserole
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 cup chopped nuts (pecans preferred)
- 1/3 stick butter -- melted
- SWEET POTATO MIXTURE
- 3 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs -- well beaten
- 1 stick butter -- ( 1/2 cup) melted
- Sweet Potatoes-2 large, scrub, prick with fork and bake at 450 for 1 hour. Coll, peel, mash.
- Combine brown sugar, flour, nuts and butter in mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine sweet potatoes, sugar, salt, vanilla, eggs and butter in a mixing bowl in the order listed. Mix thoroughly. Pour mixture into buttered baking dish. Sprinkle the surface of the sweet potato mixture evenly with the crust mixture. Bake for 30 minutes. Allow to set at least 30 minutes before serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by edallas58 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Ruth's Chris sweet potato casserole Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables