I made this for Christmans eve supper along witht he Caribbean Pork and Rice & Peas. It's awesome! Next time will reduce the liquid a bit as it was a little runny. It tastes good cold and reheated. Will add this to my regular list of recipes. I uses vegetarian chicken flavored broth for my vegetarian friends.
- 2 medium rutabagas, peeled and chopped
- 4 carrots, peeled and chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1 sweet onion, peeled and quartered
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 (10-ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cook rutabagas in boiling water to cover in a Dutch oven over medium heat 20 minutes. Add carrots and onion; continue boiling 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Drain and place into food processor fitted with metal blade. Add remaining ingredients; process until smooth. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables