Absolutely delicious, so so easy and even better as a morning treat with coffee. Also tried it with pears and different apples and different preserves - all great
Rustic Spiced Apple Tart
More From Southern Living
2 Hours, 30 Minutes
- 1 1/2 pounds Honeycrisp or Braeburn apples, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup pear preserves
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 (14.1-oz.) package refrigerated piecrusts
- Parchment paper
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Buttermilk Whipped Cream
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Stir together first 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Let stand 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in flour.
- 2. Unroll and stack piecrusts on parchment paper. Roll into a 12-inch circle. Mound apple mixture in center of piecrust using a slotted spoon (mixture will be slightly runny), leaving a 2- to 2 1/2-inch border. Fold piecrust border up and over fruit, pleating as you go, leaving an opening 5 inches wide in center. Drizzle apples with any remaining juice in bowl. Brush piecrust with egg, and sprinkle with 1 Tbsp. sugar. Slide parchment paper onto a baking sheet.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 50 to 55 minutes or until filling is bubbly and crust is golden brown. Cool on a baking sheet on a wire rack 30 minutes. Serve warm with Buttermilk Whipped Cream.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts