Rustic Skillet Kielbasa and Vegetables over Polenta
Cheesy baked polenta rounds form a hearty base for the colorful mixture of squash, red bell pepper, and sausage slices. Look for tubes of polenta in the produce section.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 225
- Fat: 5.9g
- Saturated fat: 2.9g
- Protein: 18.1g
- Carbohydrate: 26.3g
- Cholesterol: 26mg
- Iron: 2.3mg
- Sodium: 724mg
- Calories from fat: 24%
- Fiber: 3.7g
- Calcium: 175mg
- 1 (16-ounce) tube of polenta, cut into 8 pieces
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1 (14-ounce) package turkey kielbasa, cut into thin slices
- 2 yellow squash, sliced lengthwise
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- . Place polenta slices on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle evenly with Parmesan cheese. Bake at 450° for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- .While polenta bakes, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add sausage, and cook 5 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally. Remove sausage from pan; set aside.
- . Add vegetables to pan, and sauté 3 to 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add sausage, 1/4 cup water, and sugar; cook 4 minutes or until liquid is almost absorbed. Add Worcestershire sauce, and cook, stirring constantly, 30 seconds or until sausage and vegetables are glazed. Serve sausage mixture over polenta rounds. Sprinkle with parsley, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note