- 1 (16-ounce) tube of polenta, cut into 8 pieces
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1 (14-ounce) package turkey kielbasa, cut into thin slices
- 2 yellow squash, sliced lengthwise
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- calories 225
- fat 5.9 g
- satfat 2.9 g
- protein 18.1 g
- carbohydrate 26.3 g
- cholesterol 26 mg
- iron 2.3 mg
- sodium 724 mg
- caloriesfromfat 24 %
- fiber 3.7 g
- calcium 175 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 450°.
. Place polenta slices on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle evenly with Parmesan cheese. Bake at 450° for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
.While polenta bakes, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add sausage, and cook 5 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally. Remove sausage from pan; set aside.
. Add vegetables to pan, and sauté 3 to 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add sausage, 1/4 cup water, and sugar; cook 4 minutes or until liquid is almost absorbed. Add Worcestershire sauce, and cook, stirring constantly, 30 seconds or until sausage and vegetables are glazed. Serve sausage mixture over polenta rounds. Sprinkle with parsley, if desired.