We use only fresh rigatoni from the local Italian shop and the dish is fantastic.
Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 2 cups)
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 573
- Fat: 24g
- Saturated fat: 7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 10g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 5g
- Protein: 18g
- Carbohydrate: 72g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 33mg
- Iron: 5mg
- Sodium: 674mg
- Calcium: 215mg
- 12 ounces rigatoni (or other large tube-shaped pasta)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 thinly sliced medium red onion
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 10 sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 6 large basil leaves, sliced crosswise into thin strips (save extras for garnishing)
- 1. Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- 2. While pasta cooks, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet. Add onion, and sauté over medium-high heat until tender and fragrant, about 3 minutes. Add salt, balsamic vinegar, sun-dried tomatoes, crushed red pepper, and pine nuts; cook, partially covered, over medium-low heat for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3. When al dente, drain the pasta and add it to the skillet, stirring to combine for about 1 minute. Transfer the pasta to a large serving bowl, and toss in the feta cheese, basil, and remaining olive oil. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note