We use only fresh rigatoni from the local Italian shop and the dish is fantastic.
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 573
- Fat: 24g
- Saturated fat: 7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 10g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 5g
- Protein: 18g
- Carbohydrate: 72g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 33mg
- Iron: 5mg
- Sodium: 674mg
- Calcium: 215mg
- 12 ounces rigatoni (or other large tube-shaped pasta)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 thinly sliced medium red onion
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 10 sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 6 large basil leaves, sliced crosswise into thin strips (save extras for garnishing)
- 1. Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- 2. While pasta cooks, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet. Add onion, and sauté over medium-high heat until tender and fragrant, about 3 minutes. Add salt, balsamic vinegar, sun-dried tomatoes, crushed red pepper, and pine nuts; cook, partially covered, over medium-low heat for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3. When al dente, drain the pasta and add it to the skillet, stirring to combine for about 1 minute. Transfer the pasta to a large serving bowl, and toss in the feta cheese, basil, and remaining olive oil. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This