Rustic Potato Torte
Yield: 6 servings.
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 291
- Calories from fat: 24%
- Fat: 7.9g
- Saturated fat: 2.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 20.9g
- Carbohydrate: 34.6g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 87mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 679mg
- Calcium: 0.0mg
- Olive oil-flavored vegetable cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons fine, dry breadcrumbs
- 2 cups peeled, diced eggplant
- 1 1/2 cups diced onion
- 1 cup diced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- 1 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 2 large baking potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups 1% low-fat cottage cheese
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Gouda cheese
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg white
- Coat a 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray; sprinkle breadcrumbs evenly over bottom of pan.
- Combine eggplant and next 5 ingredients. Drizzle with olive oil; sprinkle with pepper and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Toss.
- Coat a 15- x 10- x 1-inch jellyroll pan with cooking spray. Arrange vegetables in an even layer in pan, placing potato slices together at one end of pan. Bake at 400° for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Position knife blade in food processor bowl; add cottage cheese and remaining 5 ingredients. Process until smooth.
- Arrange roasted potato slices around bottom of prepared springform pan in overlapping rows to form a crust. Reserve any remaining potato.
- Pour one-third of cheese mixture over potato layer. Arrange half of vegetable mixture over cheese mixture. Top with half of remaining cheese mixture. Repeat layers, using remaining vegetable and cheese mixtures. Place reserved potato slices on top of cheese mixture, arranging slices around edge of pan. Bake at 325° for 1 hour or until firm. Serve warm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables