- 1 sheet (about 10 by 12 in.) frozen puff pastry (14-oz. package), thawed
- 2 or 3 firm-ripe pears, such as Bosc or Comice
- About 1/3 cup orange marmalade
- 1 large egg, beaten to blend
- About 2 tbsp. turbinado sugar
- 6 tablespoons crème fraîche
- 1 1/2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- calories 556
- caloriesfromfat 53 %
- protein 6.9 g
- fat 33 g
- satfat 8.1 g
- carbohydrate 60 g
- fiber 2.8 g
- sodium 209 mg
- cholesterol 51 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 375°. Lightly butter 2 large baking sheets. On a floured surface with a floured rolling pin, roll out pastry to 16 by 18 in. Cut pastry in thirds lengthwise and in half crosswise. With a wide spatula, transfer the 6 rectangles to baking sheets.
Core pears and cut into thin wedges. Arrange, slightly overlapping, on pastry rectangles, leaving a 1 1/2-in. border bare (angle slices if necessary). Warm marmalade in a microwave oven to melt, then brush over pears. Fold border over edge of pears, stretching slightly and pressing down to hold. Brush new edges with egg, then sprinkle turbinado sugar over tarts, especially pastry edges.
Bake until pastries are richly browned, 25 to 30 minutes. In a small bowl, whisk crème fraîche and granulated sugar until slightly thickened. Serve tarts warm or cool, with crème fraîche.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per tart.