Rustic Pear Tart with Toffee Sauce
- 1 (15-ounce) package refrigerated piecrusts
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 (12-ounce) almond filling
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup amaretto, divided
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 medium red pears, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- Toffee Sauce
- Toffee Whipped Cream
- Unfold piecrusts; stack on a lightly floured surface. Roll into a 14-inch circle; place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Stir together melted butter, almond filling, and 2 tablespoons amaretto until blended; spread on piecrust to within 3 inches of edge.
- Toss together sugar and pears; arrange in circles, overlapping slices, on top of filling.
- Cook preserves in a saucepan over low heat until melted. Pour through a fine wire-mesh strainer, discarding solids. Stir in 1 tablespoon butter and remaining 2 tablespoons amaretto; drizzle over pears.
- Fold outer 3 inches of dough towards center, pressing lightly to seal.
- Bake at 400° on bottom rack 30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheet on wire rack 15 minutes. Serve with Toffee Fudge Sauce and Toffee Whipped Cream.
- Rustic Apple Tart: Substitute 2 Granny Smith apples for red pears.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Solo Almond Filling.
- Steve Maynard
- San Francisco, CA
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This