Rustic Pear Tart
Photo: Ryan Benyi; Styling: Gerri Williams for James Reps
More From Allyou
Bake: 50 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 156
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Protein: 1g
- Carbohydrate: 29g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 34mg
- Sodium: 35mg
- 1 sheet puff pastry (preferably all-butter), thawed
- 3 ripe but firm Bosc pears, peeled, cored and halved
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 large egg yolk mixed with 1 tsp. water
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup apricot jam
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°F and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment. Roll out puff pastry into a 10-by-13-inch rectangle (trim edges if necessary). Fold up 1/4 inch of edges to form a thin border. Transfer to baking sheet; chill while preparing filling.
- 2. Cut each pear half into 6 wedges. Toss with sugar and juice. Brush pastry inside border with egg mixture. Lightly brush edges.
- 3. Arrange pears in a flat layer on pastry, overlapping slightly. Dot with butter. Bake until pastry is golden brown and pears are tender, 45 to 50 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- 4. Heat jam with honey and 1 Tbsp. water in a small pan over medium-high heat, stirring until smooth. Brush warm tart with glaze (discard any extra). Serve warm or at room temperature.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note