Rustic Pear Tart
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 355
- Calories from fat: 51%
- Protein: 3.8g
- Fat: 20g
- Saturated fat: 12g
- Carbohydrate: 41g
- Fiber: 2.4g
- Sodium: 188mg
- Cholesterol: 50mg
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- About 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- About 1/2 cup sugar
- About 7/8 cup (about 1/2 lb.) butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 pounds Bosc pears
- 1. In a blender or food processor, finely grind 1 tablespoon almonds, 1 tablespoon flour, and 2 teaspoons sugar. Pour into a small bowl.
- 2. In a food processor or another bowl, combine 2 cups flour and 1/4 cup sugar. Add 3/4 cup butter, cut into small pieces. Whirl or rub with your fingers until fine crumbs form. Add 1/4 cup water; whirl or stir with a fork just until the dough holds together. Pat the dough into a flat disk.
- 3. On a lightly floured board, roll dough into a 15-inch-wide round, about 1/8 inch thick. Slide onto a 14- by 17-inch baking sheet; press any tears back together.
- 4. Sprinkle almond mixture onto pastry, leaving about a 3-inch rim.
- 5. Peel, core, and cut pears into 1/4-inch slices. Neatly overlap pear slices on pastry to cover almond mixture, leaving a 3-inch rim. Lift rim up and lay over pears, folding neatly to incorporate excess pastry. Sprinkle 2 teaspoons sugar and remaining slivered almonds over pears.
- 6. Melt 1 tablespoon butter (in a small pan over direct heat or in a microwave-safe bowl in a microwave oven). Brush pastry rim with butter and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon sugar.
- 7. Bake on center rack in a 400° oven until pastry is golden brown, about 40 minutes.
- 8. Slide tart onto a platter. Cut into wedges and serve hot, warm, or cool.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This