Rustic Grilled Pizza
Grilling a refrigerated pizza crust gives it a crisp outside, chewy inside, and the smoky flavor of a brick-oven pizza. Browning both sides of the crust helps to prevent the vegetables from making it soggy.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 338
- Calories from fat: 27%
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated fat: 3.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 12.4g
- Carbohydrate: 49.4g
- Fiber: 5.5g
- Cholesterol: 9mg
- Iron: 3.6mg
- Sodium: 955mg
- Calcium: 62mg
- 3 large red bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3 cups thinly sliced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 7 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stems removed
- 1 (10-ounce) can refrigerated pizza crust dough
- Cooking spray
- 2/3 cup (about 2 1/2 ounces) crumbled goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cut bell peppers in half lengthwise, and discard seeds and membranes. Place pepper halves, skin sides up, on a foil-lined baking sheet; flatten with hand. Broil for 15 minutes or until blackened. Place in a zip-top plastic bag, and seal. Let stand for 15 minutes. Peel and cut into 1/2-inch strips. Combine bell peppers, oregano, 1 teaspoon oil, and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and 1/4 teaspoon salt; cook 15 minutes, stirring frequently. Increase heat to medium-high. Sprinkle onion with sugar; sauté 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from pan.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cover and cook 2 minutes. Uncover and cook 1 minute or until tender, stirring constantly. Combine the onion, mushrooms, and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Prepare grill.
- Roll dough into a 12-inch circle. Place dough on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 3 minutes or until browned. Turn crust. Arrange the onion mixture and bell pepper mixture on crust. Top with cheese. Grill, covered, 3 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley and black pepper.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note