Rustic Cherry Tart with Ricotta and Almonds from Martha Stewart Living
Community Recipe from
- 1 pound(s) fresh ricotta (about 2 cups)
- 1 12 x 16 tart shell
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon(s) heavy cream or water
- 1/4 cup(s) sanding sugar
- 3 ounce(s) sliced, blanched almonds
- 1 1/4 pound(s) ripe or overripe cherries halved & pitted, abt. 3 1/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup(s) granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon(s) lemon zest
- 2 teaspoon(s) fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 pinch(s) coarse salt
- 1. Line a large mesh colander with a triple layer of cheesecloth & place over a larger bowl. Place ricotta in colander; transfer to refrigerator. Let ricotta drain at least 2 hours & up to overnight.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees with rack in lower third. Roll out dough into a 12 x 16" rectangle (1/8" thick) on a piece of parchment. Transfer dough on parchment to a baking sheet; freeze 10 minutes or chill 30 minutes. Stir together egg yolk & cream; brush on dough. Sprinkle with sanding sugar & almonds. Bake until golden brown, about 40 minutes. (Tent edges with foil if they begin to overbrown.) Transfer to a wire rack & let cool completely, about 1 hour.
- 3. Meanwhile, toss together cherries, granulated sugar, lemon juice & salt. Let stand at room temperature 1 hour.
- 4. Just before serving, spread crust with ricotta. Top ricotta with cherry mixture, using a slotted spoon (reserve juices for serving, if desired). Sprinkle tart with lemon zest, cut into squares, & serve immediately.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by marybillingsley and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Rustic Cherry Tart with Ricotta and Almonds from Martha Stewart Living Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts
More Recipes for Main Dishes