- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 4 1/2 cups sliced peeled Golden Delicious apple (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 4 1/2 cups sliced peeled Granny Smith apple (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 (15-ounce) package refrigerated pie dough (such as Pillsbury)
- 1 teaspoon ice water
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon apricot preserves
- 1 teaspoon water
- calories 241
- fat 10 g
- satfat 4.8 g
- monofat 2.7 g
- polyfat 0.8 g
- protein 1.4 g
- carbohydrate 40.1 g
- fiber 1.8 g
- cholesterol 10.6 mg
- iron 0.2 mg
- sodium 140 mg
- calcium 16 mg
How to Make It
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add brown sugar and 2 tablespoons granulated sugar; cook 2 minutes or until sugars dissolve. Stir in apples and next 3 ingredients (through nutmeg). Cover, reduce heat, and cook 20 minutes or until apples are tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; cool to room temperature.
Preheat oven to 400°. Set oven rack to lowest third of oven.
Place the dough on a piece of parchment paper. Roll dough into a 14-inch circle. Place dough and parchment paper on a baking sheet. Arrange cooled apples in center of dough, leaving a 2-inch border. Fold the edges of dough toward center, pressing gently to seal (dough will only partially cover the apple mixture). Brush dough with 1 teaspoon ice water, and sprinkle evenly with 1 teaspoon granulated sugar. Bake the tart at 400° for 45 minutes or until golden brown.
Place the preserves and 1 teaspoon water in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH for 30 seconds or until bubbly. Brush the mixture over warm tart. Cut into wedges, and serve warm or at room temperature.