Rustic Apple-Cranberry Tart
- 2 (12-ounce) packages STOUFFER'S Escalloped Apples
- 1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 6 tablespoons brandy*
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup plus 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 (15-ounce) package refrigerated piecrusts
- Thaw escalloped apples in microwave at MEDIUM (50% power) 6 to 7 minutes.
- Microwave cranberries, brandy, and 2 tablespoons water in a large glass bowl at HIGH 2 1/2 minutes; stir in escalloped apples. Add 1/4 cup brown sugar and 3 tablespoons flour, stirring to blend. Set aside.
- Combine remaining 1/3 cup flour and 1/3 cup brown sugar in a bowl; cut in butter with a pastry blender until crumbly. Stir in walnuts.
- Unfold piecrusts; stack on a lightly floured surface. Roll into a 15-inch circle. Place on a lightly greased baking sheet. Spoon apple mixture in center of pastry, leaving a 3-inch border. Sprinkle with walnut mixture. Lift pastry edges, and pull over apple mixture, leaving a 9-inch circle of fruit showing in center. Press folds gently to secure.
- Bake at 400° on lower oven rack for 30 minutes.
- *6 tablespoons apple juice concentrate may be substituted.
- NOTE: For testing purposes only, we used Ocean Spray Craisins Sweetened Dried Cranberries.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Pies/Pastries