RUSSIAN MUSHROOM AND POTATO SOUP
- 5 tablespoon(s) butter divided
- 2 leeks chopped
- 2 large carrots sliced
- 6 cup(s) chicken broth
- 2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 pound(s) potatoes peeled and diced
- 1 pound(s) mushrooms sliced
- 1 cup(s) half-and-half
- 1/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- fresh dill weed, for garnish (optional)
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Mix in leeks and carrots, and cook 5 minutes. Pour in broth. Season with dill, salt, pepper, and bay leaf. Mix in potatoes, cover, and cook 20 minutes, or until potatoes are tender, but firm. Remove and discard the bay leaf.
- Melt the remaining butter in a skillet over medium heat, and saute the mushrooms 5 minutes, until lightly browned. Stir into soup.
- In a small, mix the half-and-half and flour until smooth. Stir into the soup to thicken. Garnish each bowl of soup with fresh dill to serve.
- Serves 12.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by naughtymax and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
RUSSIAN MUSHROOM AND POTATO SOUP Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews