Not great. I didn't have spiced rum so I added a dash of allspice and cinnamon. I really enjoyed the fresh pineapple more.
Rum-Spiked Grilled Pineapple with Toasted Coconut
Photo: John Autry; Styling: Leigh Ann Ross
Six ingredients make one delicious dessert in less than 10 minutes.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 2 pineapple wedges, 1 teaspoon coconut, and 1/2 cup ice cream)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 226
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated fat: 2.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Protein: 3.7g
- Carbohydrate: 43.1g
- Fiber: 4.7g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- Iron: 0.5mg
- Sodium: 78mg
- Calcium: 123mg
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup dark spiced rum (such as Captain Morgan's)
- 1 pineapple, peeled, cored, halved lengthwise, and sliced lengthwise into 12 wedges (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons sweetened flaked coconut, toasted
- 3 cups low-fat vanilla ice cream
- 1. Combine sugar and rum in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH 1 1/2 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Brush rum mixture evenly over pineapple wedges.
- 2. Melt butter in a grill pan over medium-high heat. Add pineapple to pan; grill 3 minutes on each side or until grill marks form and pineapple is thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with coconut. Serve with ice cream.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Rum-Spiked Grilled Pineapple with Toasted Coconut Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This