I just made this tonight, sans ice cream, with Carribean jerk chicken and grilled sweet potatoes. It was lovely served this way. Wish I had made enough to have with ice cream for sessert.
Rum-Spiked Grilled Pineapple with Toasted Coconut
Grilling caramelizes the sugars in the pineapple for a light dessert that is delicious on its own or served with low-fat vanilla ice cream. Any firm fruit, such as peaches and apricots, lends itself to grilling. Don't forget to sprinkle with toasted coconut for a rum-spiked treat!
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 136
- Calories from fat: 17%
- Fat: 2.5g
- Saturated fat: 1.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Protein: 0.7g
- Carbohydrate: 24g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Iron: 0.5mg
- Sodium: 22mg
- Calcium: 23mg
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup dark spiced rum (such as Captain Morgan's)
- 1 pineapple, peeled, cored, halved lengthwise, and sliced lengthwise into 12 wedges (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons sweetened coconut, toasted
- Low-fat vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Combine the sugar and rum in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at high 1 1/2 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Brush rum mixture evenly over pineapple wedges.
- Heat butter in a grill pan over medium-high heat. Add pineapple; grill 3 minutes on each side or until grill marks form and pineapple is thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with coconut. Garnish with ice cream, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts