Rum-Raisin Tapioca Pudding
Make these individual puddings ahead and chill at least two hours or overnight—a longer chill time enhances the rum-raisin flavor. If you prefer not to use rum, substitute 1/2 teaspoon rum extract mixed with 2 tablespoons water.
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 2 Hours, 5 Minutes
- Calories: 140
- Calories from fat: 12%
- Fat: 1.9g
- Saturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 4.4g
- Carbohydrate: 24.1g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Cholesterol: 35mg
- Iron: 0.5mg
- Sodium: 83mg
- Calcium: 138mg
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons uncooked quick-cooking tapioca
- 2 1/2 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 1/2 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 (3-inch) cinnamon stick
- 1. Combine first 3 ingredients in a small bowl; set aside.
- 2. Combine tapioca and next 5 ingredients in a saucepan, and let stand 5 minutes.
- 3. Place pan over medium heat; bring mixture to a boil, stirring constantly (about 20 minutes). Remove from heat; add raisin mixture. Discard cinnamon stick.
- 4. Divide pudding evenly among 7 (6-ounce) custard cups. Cover surface of pudding with plastic wrap. Chill at least 2 hours.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This