Rum-Raisin Sticky Buns
Yield: Makes 16 sticky buns
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 303
- Calories from fat: 45%
- Protein: 4.1g
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated fat: 4.6g
- Carbohydrate: 42g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Sodium: 260mg
- Cholesterol: 29mg
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 1 cup raisins
- About 1/2 cup (1/4 lb.) butter
- 1 1/2 cups pecan halves
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1 large egg, beaten to blend with 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup dark corn syrup
- 1. In a bowl, pour 1/4 cup rum over raisins; let stand until slightly plumped, at least 1 hour. Butter a 9-inch square springform or regular baking pan.
- 2. In a food processor, whirl 1 cup pecans, 1/4 cup butter, 1/4 cup brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, and raisins with rum until finely chopped.
- 3. On a floured surface, with a floured rolling pin, roll bread dough into a 16- by 8-inch rectangle. (If dough springs back, let rest for 5 minutes, then roll again.) Spread rum-raisin filling over dough, leaving a 1/2-inch margin bare along one long edge.
- 4. Starting at opposite edge, roll dough around filling into a cylinder. Brush egg mixture over bare edge, then pinch against cylinder to seal. Cut off ragged ends, then cut cylinder into 16 equal rounds. Space rolls evenly, each on a cut side, in pan. Cover with plastic wrap and let stand until doubled, about 40 minutes.
- 5. Uncover and brush rolls lightly with egg mixture. Bake in a 350º regular or convection oven until browned, 25 to 30 minutes. Remove pan rim (if using a regular pan, invert rolls onto a wire rack, then invert again onto a rimmed plate).
- 6. In a 1 1/2- to 2-quart pan over medium-high heat, combine remaining 3/4 cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup butter, and 1/2 cup pecans with corn syrup. Stir until mixture is thick and bubbling, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in remaining 2 tablespoons rum. Pour and scrape evenly over warm buns. If excess glaze pools at base, spoon over tops of buns. Serve warm.
- Nutritional analysis per sticky bun.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch