Rum Raisin Ice Cream Sauce
Four pantry staples are all you need to create sweet Rum Raisin Ice Cream Sauce.
Yield: Makes 1 1/4 cups
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 166
- Calories from fat: 24%
- Protein: 0.5g
- Fat: 4.4g
- Saturated fat: 2.8g
- Carbohydrate: 26g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Sodium: 5.7mg
- Cholesterol: 16mg
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup dark rum (such as Myers's)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1. In a small bowl, combine raisins and rum and let sit 15 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, combine sugar with 1/4 cup water. Boil over high heat (don't stir) until a spot starts to turn brown, about 8 minutes. Gently swirl pan until sugar is an even amber color.
- 3. Carefully whisk cream into sugar mixture (it will boil furiously). Remove from heat and stir in raisins and rum. Let cool completely before packaging.
- Make ahead: Cool, then cover and chill up to 2 weeks. Reheat to serve.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per 2-tbsp. serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note