This bread's subtle hint of rum makes it a festive addition to a holiday breakfast.
Prep: 15 minutes; Bake: 50 minutes; Cool: 20 minutes.
MyRecipes DECEMBER 2007
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour a 9- x 5-inch loafpan.
2. Combine first 4 ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to a low boil over medium-low heat; remove from heat, and cool 10 minutes, allowing fruits to plump; set aside.
3. Beat butter, orange zest, and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until well combined. Sift together flour, baking powder, and baking soda in a separate bowl; add kosher salt.
4. Beat eggs, 1 at a time, into butter mixture. Add vanilla, and mix well. Change mixer to low speed; add flour mixture alternately with sour cream, beginning and ending with flour. Scrape down sides of bowl. Add reserved fruit and any unabsorbed liquid; mix just until blended.
5. Transfer batter to prepared loafpan, and bake at 350° for 50 to 55 minutes or until golden brown and a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan about 10 minutes; turn out onto a cooling rack, and cool completely before slicing.
Go to Full Version of