Rum Raisin Cranberry Tea Bread
- 1/4 cup dark rum
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup sun-dried cranberries
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons orange zest (about 1 orange)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour a 9- x 5-inch loafpan.
- 2. Combine first 4 ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to a low boil over medium-low heat; remove from heat, and cool 10 minutes, allowing fruits to plump; set aside.
- 3. Beat butter, orange zest, and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until well combined. Sift together flour, baking powder, and baking soda in a separate bowl; add kosher salt.
- 4. Beat eggs, 1 at a time, into butter mixture. Add vanilla, and mix well. Change mixer to low speed; add flour mixture alternately with sour cream, beginning and ending with flour. Scrape down sides of bowl. Add reserved fruit and any unabsorbed liquid; mix just until blended.
- 5. Transfer batter to prepared loafpan, and bake at 350° for 50 to 55 minutes or until golden brown and a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan about 10 minutes; turn out onto a cooling rack, and cool completely before slicing.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note