I bought a mini bundt cake pan to make this recipe, and I had way too much batter. The mini bundt cakes came out looking like weeble-wobbles. Upside down they looked like huge muffin tops. But, that's not to say the cakes weren't delicious. They were. I used a regular golden rum, which didn't add enough flavor, so next time I'll make it with a good dark rum. Instead, a delicate vanilla flavor dominated, which was irresistable. When I make this again, I'll either purchase another mini bundt cake pan for the overflow or put the excess batter in a mini-loaf pan(s).
Rum-Raisin Bundt Cake
Rum-Raisin Bundt Cake proves to be the perfect cake for gift-giving. The batter makes enough for a 10-cup Bundt cake and 6 mini Bundts.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 2 Hours, 30 Minutes
- Calories: 307
- Fat: 11.3g
- Saturated fat: 2.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.4g
- Protein: 4g
- Carbohydrate: 46.4g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Cholesterol: 44mg
- Iron: 2.2mg
- Sodium: 183mg
- Calcium: 58mg
- 2/3 cup golden raisins
- 3 tablespoons dark rum (such as Myers's)
- 12 ounces cake flour (about 3 cups)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup 2% reduced-fat milk
- Baking spray with flour
- 3 tablespoons light-colored corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2. Combine raisins and rum in a small microwave-safe bowl; microwave at HIGH for 30 seconds. Cool to room temperature.
- 3. Weigh or lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour and next 3 ingredients (through salt) in a bowl; stir with a whisk. Place butter in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until smooth. Add oil, 1 cup granulated sugar, rinds, and vanilla; beat at medium speed 3 minutes or until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add flour mixture and milk alternately to butter mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Drain raisins through a sieve over a bowl; reserve liquid. Stir raisins into batter. Pour batter into a 10-cup Bundt pan coated with baking spray. Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes on a wire rack. Remove from pan; place on serving plate.
- 4. Combine remaining 1/3 cup granulated sugar, corn syrup, and 2 tablespoons water in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Cook 1 minute. Remove pan from heat; stir in reserved rum. Brush syrup over warm cake. Cool completely. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note