Really great chicken with lots of flavor. Mine marinated 3 hours and since I don't have a grill, I browned the breasts (only made 2) in a my grill pan, then finished them in a 375 oven for 40 minutes, basting with the sauce. I agree that no extra salt is needed, and I actually skipped the barbeque sauce in favor of a small amount of catsup and a dash of garlic. Chicken came out moist and delicious, and I served with steamed yellow and green summer squash and a simple salad. Salsa is great, though the Pickapea sauce turns it an unpleasant color. Next time, I'll just add chopped jalapeno.
Rum-Marinated Chicken Breasts with Pineapple Relish
The skin helps keep chicken moist while grilling and can be removed easily before serving or at the table. Keep the thinner edges of the breast toward the cooler edge of the fire. The chicken is done when the juices near the bone run clear.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 288
- Calories from fat: 14%
- Fat: 4.5g
- Saturated fat: 0.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Protein: 29.6g
- Carbohydrate: 15.6g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Cholesterol: 72mg
- Iron: 1.5mg
- Sodium: 971mg
- Calcium: 28mg
- 1/2 cup dark rum
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Caribbean hot sauce (such as Pickapeppa Sauce)
- 1 teaspoon sea or kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 4 (8-ounce) bone-in chicken breast halves
- 1 small pineapple, peeled, cored, and cut into (1/2-inch-thick) rings (about 12 ounces)
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon dark rum
- 1/4 teaspoon Caribbean hot sauce (such as Pickapeppa Sauce)
- 1/8 teaspoon sea or kosher salt
- 4 lime wedges
- To prepare chicken, combine first 6 ingredients in large zip-top plastic bag. Add chicken to bag; seal. Marinate in refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours, turning bag occasionally. Remove the chicken from bag, reserving marinade; set chicken aside. Let marinade stand at room temperature 10 minutes. Strain through a sieve into a bowl; discard solids. Set marinade aside.
- Prepare grill to medium heat.
- To prepare relish, place pineapple on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 3 minutes on each side or until soft and browned around the edge. Cool slightly; chop. Combine pineapple, bell pepper, and next 5 ingredients (bell pepper through 1/8 teaspoon salt); set aside.
- Place chicken on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 30 minutes or until done, turning occasionally. Remove and discard skin.
- Bring reserved marinade to a boil in a small saucepan; cook 1 minute. Drizzle cooked marinade over chicken. Serve chicken with relish and lime wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes