- 1/2 cup dark rum
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Caribbean hot sauce (such as Pickapeppa Sauce)
- 1 teaspoon sea or kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 4 (8-ounce) bone-in chicken breast halves
- 1 small pineapple, peeled, cored, and cut into (1/2-inch-thick) rings (about 12 ounces)
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon dark rum
- 1/4 teaspoon Caribbean hot sauce (such as Pickapeppa Sauce)
- 1/8 teaspoon sea or kosher salt
- 4 lime wedges
- calories 288
- caloriesfromfat 14 %
- fat 4.5 g
- satfat 0.6 g
- monofat 1.8 g
- polyfat 1.2 g
- protein 29.6 g
- carbohydrate 15.6 g
- fiber 1.9 g
- cholesterol 72 mg
- iron 1.5 mg
- sodium 971 mg
- calcium 28 mg
How to Make It
To prepare chicken, combine first 6 ingredients in large zip-top plastic bag. Add chicken to bag; seal. Marinate in refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours, turning bag occasionally. Remove the chicken from bag, reserving marinade; set chicken aside. Let marinade stand at room temperature 10 minutes. Strain through a sieve into a bowl; discard solids. Set marinade aside.
Prepare grill to medium heat.
To prepare relish, place pineapple on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 3 minutes on each side or until soft and browned around the edge. Cool slightly; chop. Combine pineapple, bell pepper, and next 5 ingredients (bell pepper through 1/8 teaspoon salt); set aside.
Place chicken on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 30 minutes or until done, turning occasionally. Remove and discard skin.
Bring reserved marinade to a boil in a small saucepan; cook 1 minute. Drizzle cooked marinade over chicken. Serve chicken with relish and lime wedges.