This was a tasty treat but the coconut and pineapple overwhelmed the subtle rum flavor in the ice-cream. It is best served alone or with just a sprinkle of toasted coconut.
Rum-Macadamia Ice Cream with Grilled Pineapple and Coconut
Becky Luigart-Stayner; Jan Gautro; Leigh Ann Ross
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 323
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 10.7g
- Saturated fat: 5.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 7.5g
- Carbohydrate: 48.6g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Cholesterol: 26mg
- Iron: 0.5mg
- Sodium: 116mg
- Calcium: 243mg
- 1 small pineapple, peeled and cored
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups Rum-Macadamia Ice Cream
- 4 teaspoons flaked sweetened coconut, toasted
- Preheat grill.
- Cut pineapple lengthwise into 12 slices. Brush pineapple slices with butter. Add pineapple to grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 2 minutes on each side or until thoroughly heated. Cool slightly.
- Place 3 pineapple slices into each of 4 bowls. Top each serving with 1/2 cup Rum-Macadamia Ice Cream and 1 teaspoon coconut.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Rum-Macadamia Ice Cream with Grilled Pineapple and Coconut Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Desserts