I love it!!! First time making a glaze for a dish and turned out AMAZING!!! No need for salt though cause I used hoisin sauce or somebody told me to use teriyaki sauce. :) I also added cashews for more flavor and to add texture! Easy to make, no complicated ingredients to get (had almost everything I needed at home), and so delicious!
Rum-Glazed Pineapple, Mango, and Chicken Kebabs
Taste a bit of the Caribbean in every bite of this refreshing summer barbecue treat. Serve with hot cooked white rice tossed with toasted coconut.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 kebab)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 313
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 10.4g
- Saturated fat: 2.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.5g
- Protein: 26g
- Carbohydrate: 30g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Cholesterol: 71mg
- Iron: 1.3mg
- Sodium: 450mg
- Calcium: 28mg
- 3/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup dark rum
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped seeded jalapeño pepper
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lime rind
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into 30 cubes
- 2 mangoes, peeled and each cut into 9 (1-inch) cubes
- 18 (1-inch) cubes fresh pineapple
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cooking spray
- Prepare grill.
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes. Combine vinegar and cornstarch in a small bowl. Add cornstarch mixture to pan; bring to a boil. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Let stand 5 minutes. Stir in cilantro and rind.
- Thread 5 chicken cubes, 3 mango cubes, and 3 pineapple cubes alternately onto each of 6 (12-inch) skewers. Brush kebabs with oil; sprinkle with salt. Place kebabs on grill rack coated with cooking spray; cook for 4 minutes. Turn kebabs; brush with half of glaze. Cook 4 minutes. Turn kebabs; brush with remaining glaze. Cook 2 minutes, turning once.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note