- 1 3/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup stick margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup egg substitute
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1/2 cup vanilla low-fat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Cooking spray
- 3/4 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons dark rum or 1/4 teaspoon imitation rum extract
- 1 tablespoon stick margarine, melted
- calories 285
- caloriesfromfat 27 %
- fat 8.7 g
- satfat 1.7 g
- monofat 3.7 g
- polyfat 2.7 g
- protein 3.6 g
- carbohydrate 47.5 g
- fiber 0.9 g
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
- iron 1.6 mg
- sodium 180 mg
- calcium 67 mg
How to Make It
Beat brown sugar and 2/3 cup margarine at medium speed of a mixer until light and fluffy. Add egg substitute, beating until well-blended.
Combine banana, yogurt, vanilla, and cinnamon in a bowl; set aside. Combine flour, baking powder, and baking soda. With mixer running at low speed, add flour mixture to sugar mixture alternately with banana mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
Pour batter into a 10-inch tube pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool in pan 10 minutes; remove from pan. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
Combine powdered sugar, rum, and melted margarine; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cake.
Note: When using rum extract add 2 tablespoons skim milk to glaze.