nice little cakes. i made them for valentine's day as simple little "bites" they were easy, tasty, and enjoyed by all.
Rum Fudge Cakes
A wooden spoon will get you from start to finish with this recipe. The rum flavor permeates these petite fudgy cakes that received our highest rating. Freeze them ahead to simplify party preparation.
- 1 cup butter
- 4 (1-ounce) unsweetened chocolate squares
- 4 (1-ounce) semisweet chocolate squares
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons rum extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup semisweet mini-morsels
- Powdered sugar
- Melt butter and 8 ounces chocolate in a heavy saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring often. Remove from heat, and cool completely. Stir in sugar, whipping cream, and rum extract until blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, stirring until blended after each addition. Gradually fold in flour. Stir in mini-morsels.
- Spoon batter into lightly greased miniature (1 3/4") muffin pans, filling almost full. Bake at 375° for 14 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center of cakes comes out clean. Remove to a wire rack to cool. Sprinkle cakes with powdered sugar before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note