- 6 thick-cut bacon slices, chopped
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (28-oz.) can baked beans with bacon and brown sugar
- 1 (16-oz.) can navy beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (16-oz.) can dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (16-oz.) can light red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15-oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup gold rum
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°F. Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium until crisp; remove, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings in skillet. Add onion, and cook, stirring often, until tender, about 5 minutes; add garlic, and cook 1 minute.
Stir together bacon, onion mixture, baked beans, and next 8 ingredients in a large bowl. Spoon into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
Bake, covered with aluminum foil, 30 minutes; uncover and bake 30 more minutes.