Red currant jelly dollops Christmas color on these pecan-coated thumbprint cookies.
Yield: about 3 1/2 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cups finely chopped pecans
- Red currant jelly
- Beat butter at medium speed of an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating well. Add egg yolks and almond extract, beating until blended.
- Combine flour, salt, and cinnamon. Add flour mixture to butter mixture, blending at low speed. Cover and chill dough 1 hour.
- Shape dough into 1" balls. Lightly beat egg whites. Dip each ball in egg white; roll in pecans. Place 2" apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Press thumb in each cookie to make an indentation.
- Bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to wire racks to cool completely. Press centers again with thumb while cookies are still warm; fill center of each cookie with jelly.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note