My husband, who is suspicious of anything leafy and green, loved this soup. We substituted chicken broth for the listed vegetable broth, and it turned out great!
Ruby Swiss Chard and White Bean Soup
We like the robust flavor of red Swiss chard in this soup recipe from Sunset reader Juliet Grossman, of Temecula, California. You could also make it with green Swiss chard, which is milder, or spinach.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 135
- Calories from fat: 27%
- Protein: 5.9g
- Fat: 4.1g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Carbohydrate: 20g
- Fiber: 5g
- Sodium: 914mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, halved and sliced
- 1 bunch red Swiss chard, chopped
- 1 can (15 oz.) white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 qt. reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- Parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in a medium pot over high heat. Add garlic, onion, and carrot. Cook, stirring often, until softened, about 3 minutes. Add chard, beans, and broth. Cover and cook until very hot. Serve with cheese.
Nutritional analysis is per 1 3/4-cup serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews