This pear dish is absolutely delicious! I have had these at a luncheon, as well as served them at Thanksgiving. If you love pears, you won't be disappointed!
- 2 (29-ounce) cans pear halves, drained
- 2 cups ginger ale
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice (about 1 orange)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (about 1/2 lemon)
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 (12-ounce) jar red currant jelly
- Mock Devonshire Cream
- Garnish: ground cinnamon
- Arrange pear halves, cut side up, in an ungreased 13" x 9" baking dish. Stir together ginger ale and next 3 ingredients. Pour ginger ale mixture over pears; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon. Cover and chill at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Remove pears from refrigerator, and let stand at room temperature 30 minutes. Uncover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes.
- Melt jelly in a small saucepan over low heat; stir in remaining 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon and 3 tablespoons pan juices.
- Remove pears from baking dish using a slotted spoon. Place pears in a serving dish; pour jelly mixture over pears. Serve with Mock Devonshire Cream. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables