Royal Rum Balls
Gingersnap crumbs and chocolate wafer crumbs form the base of these truffle-like cookies, coconut and ground pecans provide the texture, and dark rum contributes the distinctive flavor. Rum balls are a popular Christmas treat in Australia, New Zealand, Canada, the United States, and a number of countries in Eastern Europe. These treats are a snap to make. And the longer they sit, the better they taste!
- 2 cups gingersnap crumbs
- 2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1 1/2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup ground pecans, toasted
- 1/3 cup pitted dates, chopped
- 1/3 cup dark rum
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Additional powdered sugar or gingersnap crumbs
- Position knife blade in food processor bowl; add first 6 ingredients. Process until blended; add rum and next 3 ingredients. Process until mixture holds together.
- Shape into 1 1/4" balls. Roll balls in additional powdered sugar or gingersnap crumbs. Repeat rolling procedure.
- Note: If Royal Rum Balls are made ahead, reroll balls in powdered sugar or gingersnap crumbs before serving to freshen the coating.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note