- 2 cups gingersnap crumbs
- 2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1 1/2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup ground pecans, toasted
- 1/3 cup pitted dates, chopped
- 1/3 cup dark rum
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Additional powdered sugar or gingersnap crumbs
How to Make It
Position knife blade in food processor bowl; add first 6 ingredients. Process until blended; add rum and next 3 ingredients. Process until mixture holds together.
Shape into 1 1/4" balls. Roll balls in additional powdered sugar or gingersnap crumbs. Repeat rolling procedure.
Note: If Royal Rum Balls are made ahead, reroll balls in powdered sugar or gingersnap crumbs before serving to freshen the coating.