Royal Reds with Cocktail Sauce
Community Recipe from
- 2 pound(s) Royal Red Shrimp Frozen
- 1 package(s) Shrimp Crab Boil or a bottle
- 1 squeezed lemon chunk for boiling shrimp
- 1 bottle(s) ketchup
- 1 bottle(s) chili sauce or chili powder
- 2 dash(es) Lee & Perrin's Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 lemon juice to taste squeezed
- 1 dash(es) black pepper or to taste
- 1 plain grated horseradish to taste not creamed
- 1 Tabasco sauce to taste
- Most suggest to cook these shrimp from frozen, but can be easily quick thawed in in cold water, or can be thawed overnight in refrigerator.Don't over cook them. Place a packet of shrimp/crab boil seasoning, a chunk of squeezed lemon and some salt (if cooking royal reds-don't salt the cooking water) in a big pot. Bring to a boil. Dump in the shrimp. As soon as the water returns to a boil, pour out the water and shrimp into a colander to stop the cooking.
- If you are cooking shrimp of mixed sizes, use a slotted spoon to remove the smaller ones as soon as they begin to curl. Work quickly.
- Serve with Cocktail Sauce
This recipe is a personal recipe added by pjbutler and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note