Royal Icing Flowers
This recipe goes with Tiered Poppy Seed Wedding Cake
Yield: Makes 3 cups icing, about 70 flowers
More From Southern Living
Dry: 8 Hours
- 1 (16-ounce) package powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 3 tablespoons meringue powder
- 1. Beat all ingredients at low speed with an electric mixer until blended. Beat at high speed 4 to 5 minutes or until stiff peaks form. (If icing is too stiff, add additional water, 1/2 teaspoon at a time, until desired consistency is reached.)
- 2. Insert a coupler into a large decorating bag. Fit coupler with metal tip #104, and fill bag with icing. Pipe about 40 (1-inch) roses and 30 rosebuds, using a flower nail. Gently remove, and place on wax paper; let dry at least 8 hours. Store in an airtight container up to 1 month.
- Note: Keep extra icing covered tightly.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Cakes/Frostings