- 1 (16-ounce) package powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons meringue powder
- 6 to 8 tablespoons warm water
- Beat all ingredients at low speed with an electric mixer until blended.
- Beat at high speed 4 to 5 minutes or until stiff peaks form. If icing is too stiff, add additional water, 1/4 teaspoon at a time, until desired consistency.
- Note: Icing dries rapidly; keep extra icing covered tightly at all times while working. Look for meringue powder and icing decorations at crafts stores and cake-decorating stores. We used an egg-mold kit from Wilton (1-800-794-5866 or www.wilton.com) and candy flowers from Sweet Celebrations (1-800-328-6722 or www.sweetc.com).
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts