Roulade of King Salmon Tartare
While preparing roulades, set bowl of tartare into a large bowl of ice. This will keep salmon chilled for optimum flavor and freshness.
Yield: 6 entrée or 18 appetizer servings
- 1 (2-pound) skinless king salmon fillet, finely chopped
- 2 small green mangoes, peeled and finely chopped (about 2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot sesame oil
- 6 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds, toasted and coarsely ground
- 2 to 3 tablespoons prepared wasabi
- 2 to 3 tablespoons grated fresh horseradish
- 2 English cucumbers
- 3 cups fresh arugula leaves
- Garnishes: salmon caviar, fresh rose petals
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a metal bowl; cover and chill 30 minutes. Combine wasabi and horseradish in a separate bowl; set both mixtures aside.
- Slice (1/4-inch-thick) ends from each cucumber, and discard. Thinly slice 18 (1/16-inch-thick) slices of cucumber lengthwise using a mandoline or vegetable peeler, avoiding center section of seeds.
- Spread about 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon wasabi mixture over each cucumber slice. Spread about 1/4 cup salmon mixture over wasabi mixture. Roll up slices, starting at short end. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Arrange arugula on individual plates. Top with roulades. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers