- 1 (2-pound) skinless king salmon fillet, finely chopped
- 2 small green mangoes, peeled and finely chopped (about 2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot sesame oil
- 6 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds, toasted and coarsely ground
- 2 to 3 tablespoons prepared wasabi
- 2 to 3 tablespoons grated fresh horseradish
- 2 English cucumbers
- 3 cups fresh arugula leaves
- Garnishes: salmon caviar, fresh rose petals
How to Make It
Combine first 7 ingredients in a metal bowl; cover and chill 30 minutes. Combine wasabi and horseradish in a separate bowl; set both mixtures aside.
Slice (1/4-inch-thick) ends from each cucumber, and discard. Thinly slice 18 (1/16-inch-thick) slices of cucumber lengthwise using a mandoline or vegetable peeler, avoiding center section of seeds.
Spread about 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon wasabi mixture over each cucumber slice. Spread about 1/4 cup salmon mixture over wasabi mixture. Roll up slices, starting at short end. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
Arrange arugula on individual plates. Top with roulades. Garnish, if desired.