Community Recipe from
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) saffron threads
- 1/4 cup(s) boiling water, plus up to 2 tablespoons more if needed
- 2 clove(s) garlic
- coarse salt
- 1 cup(s) torn white bread crusts removed
- 1 large egg yolk room temperature
- 1 1/2 cup(s) extra-virgin olive oil divided
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) sweet paprike
- 1. Crush saffron and place in a medium bowl. Pour 1/4 cup boiling water over it and steep for 15 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, chop garlic and add a pinch of salt. Mash into a paste with a knife's flat edge or with a mortar and pestle.
- 3. Add bread to saffron water; press to absorb.
- 4. Add egg yolk; stir to combine. Gradually add 1/4 cup oil, drop by drop, stirring constantly, until smooth. Stir in remaining oil in a steady trickle.
- 5. Stir in garlic, cayenne and paprika, and season with salt.
- TO STORE: Refrigerate, covered, for up to 2 days.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by marybillingsley and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Rouille Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Sauces/Condiments
More Recipes for Main Dishes