ROTISSERIE CHICKEN SOUP
A FILLING SOUP, MAIN DISH
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 Rotisserie Chicken
- About 6 cups water
- 2-3 cans chicken broth
- 1 lb. Butterball smoked sausage
- 1 pkg. Mahatma Spicy Yellow Rice
- 1 can corn
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- This can be made in one day, but I prefer to start the day before to make it the lowest fat possible.
- Debone chicken. I boil down the bones and skin to make broth, drain through a colander and refrigerate overnight. The next day, skim fat from the surface.
- Add cut up chicken, sliced smoked sausage, celery and corn and bring all to a boil. Lower heat and simmer until celery is soft.
- Add the Spicy yellow rice, return to a boil, then lower heat, cover and simmer for 25 minutes. You may need to add extra chicken broth to make it soupy or the texture you desire.
- Very easy to double if you have a crowd.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Bonnie52 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note